The technical sessions will drive learning development and policy agenda setting and run in parallel under the four sub themes:
Objectives and Outcomes
The organization of technical sessions in form of seminars and side events will revolve around the sub themes.
The desired general objectives will be to achieve the following:
- Promote and support development of national and basin-wide decision support systems including hydro-economic models.
- Promote and support development of water resource management and development plans at national and regional levels.
- Promote knowledge and facilitate action on development of infrastructure for increased water storage, reduction of water disasters, and sustainable water supply for multiple uses.
- Share lessons of progress and good practices in water security management plans.
- Promote the use of an inclusive range of existing and new sanitation technologies, innovative business models, and other creative approaches
- critical to achieving significant sanitation progress in member countries.
- Share lessons and good practices for eliminating open defecation from communities and improving access and use of sanitation facilities that allow for safe faecal waste treatment, disposal/reuse.
- Share lessons and good practices on enhancing water and sanitation resilience to climate change.
- Contribute to developing strategies on raising adequate and sustainable financing of water and sanitation agendas.
- Share lessons and good practices on good water governance as enabling factors for Water security.